2015 Regional Conference
The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the American Medical Writers Association is pleased to announce that registration is NOW OPEN for the 2015 Chapter Conference on Friday, March 13, 2015 at the Gaithersburg Marriot Washingtonian Center, Gaithersburg, MD.
We are pleased to be offering 4 workshops by 2 of AMWA's most popular leaders: Susan Aiello and Brian Bass!
This year's format includes a breakfast speaker, lunch roundtables, credit workshops, open seminars, and networking opportunities.
We lowered the conference registration fee to $100 for early bird registration.
Bring your business cards and join medical writing professionals from Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC, and beyond for a full day of professional development.
Schedule at a Glance
- Launching a Freelance Writing Career 2504 (B/FL) by Brian Bass
- Tables and Graphs 2011 (ES/G) by Susan Aiello
- Building an Effective Freelance Business Platform: Balancing the Work-Life Plan by Nicole Van Hoey
- Writing for the Government Panel by Lili Fox Valez, Terry Anderson, Sarah Markel, & Alison F. Davis
- Fundamentals of Freelance Business Marketing 2510 (B) by Brian Bass
- Sentence Structure and Patterns 2009 (ES/G) by Susan Aiello
- Go with Your Gut: Using Intuition to Manifest Results in Business and Life by Andrea Haynes
- Rules and Tools for Scientific Editing by Martin Spiering
Lunch Roundtables include:
- Looking Beyond Regulatory: Career Opportunities outside the Pharma Box
- References: Problems, Solutions, and Tricks of the Trade
- Connecting the Dots: From Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics to Clinical Practice
- What Hiring Managers Are Looking For
- BELS Certification
- Using Your Medical Writing Skills to Sell Health Content to Consumer and Trade Publications
- Applying Medical Writing into the World of Continuing Medical Education
- How to Use EndNote
- Networking Table
SPACE IS LIMITED, SO REGISTER EARLY! Workshops, open sessions, and roundtables will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Early bird registration ends February 27, 2015.