Mid-Atlantic Regional Groups — Southeast Virginia
AMWA-MAC Southeast Virginia Events
- Who: AMWA-MAC members and all others interested in medical writing
- What: SE Virginia Networking and Educational Meeting "Word of Mouth Marketing Made Simple"
- Where: Second Street Bistro, 140 2nd St., Williamsburg, VA 23185; (757) 220-2286
- When: Thursday, October 24, 2013
- Time: 6:00 pm
- Why: Network, learn, get to know fellow medical writers, and have some good food!
- RSVP and Contact: Debra Gordon, Regional Coordinator
Word of Mouth Marketing Made Simple
Does the thought of networking make you uncomfortable? Do you get an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of your stomach when someone talks about the newest social media platform? What about LinkedIn? Do I need a website?
If any of this sounds familiar, then worry no longer. Join us Thursday, October 24, 2013 for a regional AMWA-MAC chapter dinner when networking guru and life coach Juli Monroe gives us her pearls of wisdom.
Learn how to create a solid framework for your word of mouth marketing efforts, both in-person and on line. Develop the confidence to make it work for you.
Her talk will cover:
- Defining your target market in clear, concise terms
- Creating realistic word of mouth marketing goals
- Deciding on which word of mouth channels (in-person and/or social media) are right for you and your business
- Does a website make sense for your business?
- Linking LinkedIn to both your in-person and online networking activities
- Developing a comprehensive action plan
Juli has more than eight years of networking and sales experience helping small business owners grow their business through effective networking and word of mouth marketing. Her approach to life and business revolves around building relationships, both in person and online. She uses Twitter, Facebook, and other online platforms to maintain the relationships she makes in-person and to find new friends she's yet to meet "in real life."
She is excited to have published a book entitled, The Enthusiastic Networker (available from Amazon and Barnes and Noble), which helps readers find and build those relationships to support them forever. It also helps people find their unique networking presence and voice.
Report on recent chapter events here.